The CZ 97 B is a semi-automatic firearm incorporating a locked breech principle and double-action mode of fire. The handgun is equipped with manual safety, firing pin safety (block), and loaded chamber indicator. The magazine is of a double column type and has a 10 round capacity.
The slide is locked open when the last cartridge from the magazine has been fired. The loaded chamber indicator indicates the presence of a cartridge in the chamber. A safety notch on the hammer prevents inadvertent discharge and the firing pin safety positively ensures drop safety of the pistol. The manual safety is designed in such a way so as to engage the pistol's safety mode while also enabling the "carriage" of the pistol while the safety is off and a cartridge is loaded in the chamber. At the same time it is safe for all normal handling.
Characteristic features of all versions:
- a large capacity double-column magazine
- a comfortable grip and balance in either hand with good results at instinctive shooting (without aiming)
- a low trigger pull weight and high accuracy of fire
- a long service life coupled to high reliability
- the slide stays open after the last cartridge has been fired, suitable for COMBAT shooting
- the sights are fitted with a three-dot illuminating system for better aiming in poor visibility conditions-optional tritium or micrometrical sights can be fitted on request to the customer's specifications
- selective SA/DA firing mechanism operation
Specified dimensions may vary according to design and configuration.
|Safety features||Firing pin block, Loaded chamber indicator, Manual safety|
|Overall height, width, lenght||150x35x212 mm|
|Barrel length||114,8 mm|